Sunday 20 July 2014

The Spot Caffeteria and Tea Room

Bought through: Living Social


It's my friend Sarah's birthday! And what better way to catch up with my lovely pal than over a delightful afternoon high tea.

I've actually been to The Spot Caffeteria and Tea Room before - when I first arrived in Melbourne, my bestie Lian had graciously allowed me to land at her apartment in St Kilda, which was pretty much just up the road from the cafe's location in Caulfield North. 

We had a delicious menu then, though the tea room was a little cramped, and it looks like the high tea is still a very popular attraction as Sarah and I couldn't even be squeezed into the upstairs tea room this time!

But fear not, no cancellations or rebookings required, the accommodating staff just needed a small amount of time to make up a little table for us downstairs and as my friend had been stuck in traffic, timing wise this worked out perfectly - we were ready to be seated just as Sarah walked through the front door.

A High Tea is a feast for the eyes, so here are some photos of the luscious pastries and desserts on offer. 

The Spot is a charming cafe located on Balaclava Road with a steady clientele for their front cafe and a very busy upper tea room on the weekends. Each table in this section is picture perfect and reminiscent of an English garden party with lace tablecloths, floral imprinted tea cups and a tower of food topped with scones enveloped by jam and cream. My voucher also included some champagne which promptly buzzed right up my nose when I took a sip - though I'm not much a drinker, I think Sarah did enjoy hers.

There was an even amount of savoury and sweet fare, more than enough for a filling meal and it afforded a delectable dining experience for our Sunday lunch.


My favourite item would have to be the cloud shaped chocolate meringues topped with strawberries and cream.... swoon! So light and airy and utterly melt in your mouth! I also loved the sausage rolls and the mini quiches, and downed a whole pot of tea during our two hour gab fest. I'll be hitting the gym for the rest of the week!

The Spot are friendly to the group discount crowd and have had this deal a few times in the past, so keep your eye out for happy high tea bargain.


Pros: Wonderful presentation; delicious food; friendly and accommodating staff

Cons: Very busy on the weekends, book early to avoid disappointment! 

The Spot Caffeteria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments? Notes or opinions? Write on!